Boost Your Sales: 6 Effective Tips for Lawyers
Marketing and sales are critical for law firms and lawyers. A successful marketing strategy generates leads, but a strong sales strategy converts potential clients into paying customers.
“ A successful marketing strategy generates leads, but a strong sales strategy converts potential clients into paying customers.”RONNIE DEAVER NoBull Marketing Owner
While many lawyers feel uncomfortable with sales because they cannot promise outcomes, it is possible to close leads without making promises. To win over prospective clients and master sales in the legal industry, there are six guidelines that you should follow.
Six Guidelines That You Should Follow
- The first tip is to set Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) for your law firm. KPIs help measure your business’s success in growing your client base and keeping clients satisfied. Setting KPIs such as average client value, intake call to consultation conversion rate, and consultation to client conversion rate are crucial to increase sales and make improvements.
- Secondly, you should conduct fruitful client intake calls to make a great impression and determine whether the lead is the right fit for your firm. During these calls, filter leads with questions about practice areas, timelines, and costs, and provide value by reiterating how your firm can help them achieve their desired outcome.
- Thirdly, offer immediate value from paid consultations by emphasizing how your services will benefit leads. By doing this, leads will be more inclined to pay for a consultation and trust your services.
- Fourthly, use the Heaven, Hell, Bridge framework to approach conversations with would-be clients. Spend 10-20% of the consultation discussing the client’s “Hell,” 50-60% discussing their “Heaven,” and the remaining time explaining how your legal services can bridge the two worlds.
- Fifthly, know your worth and confidently ask for it. Practice asking leads if they would like to move forward with your legal services and confidently stating your price.
- Lastly, build a positive feedback loop by requesting Google reviews from leads and clients. Positive reviews will create a self-sustaining feedback loop that drives more leads to your firm.
By following these six guidelines, you can convert more leads into clients and grow your law firm’s practice.